I spent a lot of time being afraid to fail. It has held me back from doing a lot of things I’ve wanted to try.
I feel like I wasted most of my twenties and now that I’m 31 (it was so hard to type that. How am I 31? How?!) I don’t want to waste any more time* so I am pushing myself to learn new things, or get better at things I am just okay at. And because I like lists, here is a list of some of those things.
In no particular order.
- Cooking. I can cook a few things. Enough to get by, but I don’t want to just get by. I want to have a big ass binder full of recipes I know I can crush, even if I am the only one to really try them because my family isn’t big on new foods.
- Baking. I can bake.
See? But I want to be better. I want to try recipes that I’ve pushed aside because they look too intimidating.
- Cross Stitching. I’ve recently gotten into this so I still have my n00b status. I want to be better.
- Photography. Again, something I’ve always done but the technical side is also very technical and I could never sit and really wrap my brain around it.
- Writing. Always want to be better.
- Crocheting/Knitting. I don’t know which one I will take up. Also, I feel like I’m making my Become An Old Lady list.
- Origami. I made my first of 1000 paper cranes last week. Only 999 more to go.
Thus ends my list, so far. I may add to it. I may make another one when I am 32 (gulp). Maybe if I blog about it I will actually be more inclined to do it. Or I may just get sucked into the dark abyss that is the internet and forget all about trying new things.
Be kind, and try something new.
*I shall still be very proficient in wasting time. I like the internet too much.